Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Genera! terms and conditions o·t
Kerckhoffs Advocaten B.V., a private limited company with registered office in Maastricht, registered in the Trade Register under referèhce number 14103278
1. Kerckhoffs Advocaten B.V. is a: private limited company whose objects are the1. Kerckhoffs Advocaten B.V. is a: private limited company whose objects are thepractising of the business·of attorneys in the widest interpretation of the words.
2. All instructions shall be accepted and acted upon on the basis of Book 7 Artide400 of the Dutch Civil Code, to the specific exdusion of Book 7 Artide 404 of the Dutch Civil Code, by Kerckhoffs Advocaten, even where lt is the exprèss or implied intent that any instructions be performed by a particular person.
3. These general terms and conditions also apply to supplemental and addltional. .instructions from dients.
4. Except where there is agreement to the contrary; Kerckhoffs Advocaten willsubmlt periodic invoices on the basis of an agreed hourly rate, This hourly ratewill depend on the number of years’ experlence of the attorney with conduct ofthe case. The hourly rate for cases in which a sum of more than €100,000 Is atstake will be multiplied by a factor Óf 1.25. The hourly rate may be increased at the start of every calendar year In line with costs increases. Fees are also sµbject . .··::),’, to a 7% surcharge for administrative costs, such as secretarial, postage,stationery, telephone charges, photocopying and travel costs, A higher rate can be invoiced where it can be proved that such charges have actually been incurred. Kerckhoffs Advocaten ·may at any time ask for costs on account In respec;:t ofwork, disbursements and expenses,
5. Invoices sent by Kerckhoffs Advocaten shou,ld be paid wlthln 14 days of theinvoice date, failin9 which the dient wlll automatlcally be in breach of contrct.Kerckhoffs Advocaten is always .. entltled to suspend work on a file untll anyoutstanding invoices have b’een paid. lf payment is not made In time, Kerckhoffs .Advocaten may also charge the dient interest on the outstanding sum equàl tothe statutory commercial interest rate, The dient shall also be responsible for àny extrajmliclal costs incurred in enforclng paymerit of the debt owed to Kerckhoffs